Saturday, June 7, 2008

Spanish mood !



I had always been facinated with the spanish people and culture, the spanish music, the flamenco dance and clothes, the tune of their language, how the spanish people look like, specially because they have got arabic and islamic roots which made their features so attractive in my point view.







I always dreamt of visiting spain and the very old mosques and the islamic architecture.


As a muslim i am intrested too to know how the spanish muslims look like, how do they practice islam, the way muslim girls there wear their hijab.


Granada... the most intresting city to me, for two reasons, Alhambra ofcourse and then the big granada mosque which opened in 2003, and being the firdt mosque to be build there since 500 years.

Ohhhhhhhhh, take me there and then let me die !!!!



Granada Mosque

The Mosque garden


The day of the openning


Spanish Girls in Hijab





Another beautiful face in hijab


3 comments:

Romana Mirza said...

Salaam Mai,

It seems we have one passion in common. I have longed to travel to Spain my entire life for precisely the same reasons - and for the great architecture like the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao among many other recent and historical sites. Thank you for this posting. It is motivating me to make plans earlier rather than later to visit.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my posting, I was very inspired by Joel's work. Romana

Awonderingcatalyst said...

Hola Mai!

I need some time to respond to your comment, hopefully you'll get a nice response from granada :)

Lets wait and see!

Awonderingcatalyst said...

Salam Mai,

I left you something on my blog, please visit!

Salam,